Friday, September 26, 2008

What financial crisis?!

This could be the day that our financial system collapses for good, and nobody even understands what that could mean, and I'm scared.

That was my first thought this morning. Good morning, me!!!

It was closely followed by these thoughts: There may or may not be a presidential debate tonight, when we all need to consider our election choices very carefully. Great. (Let's hear it for strong, thoughtful leadership.) Oh, and PETA wants to use human breastmilk for Ben & Jerry's.

The world is falling apart. And I stubbornly refuse to write about it. (What could I possibly say, really?) Instead, I'm doing this meme I picked up from
Sunshine, who is simultaneously funny and thought-provoking. (And she was totally my inspiration to write my very own blog.) I like the way she does memes: take it if you want it. But no obligation.

Anyway, the world is falling apart, and I thought this was fun:

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME (first pet, current car): Chocolate Odyssey

2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME (fave ice cream flavor, favorite type of shoe): Vanilla Flip-flop

3. YOUR NATIVE AMERICAN NAME (favorite color, favorite animal): Orange Goldfish

4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name, city where you were born): Kay Oskaloosa

5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME (the first three letters of your last name, first two of your first name): Meete

6. SUPERHERO NAME (2nd favorite color, favorite drink): Pink Gin

7. NASCAR NAME (the first names of your grandfathers): Harold Forest

8. STRIPPER NAME ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy): Love Twizzlers

9. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME (your fifth grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter): Davis Denver

10. SPY NAME (your favorite season/holiday, flower): Autumn Rose

11. CARTOON NAME (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now): Strawberry Pajamas

12. HIPPIE NAME (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree): Coffee Cypress

Now I'm going to read the news. Maybe I'll have something more than coffee for breakfast first....


Update: My gangsta name is the lamest ever. Ever. "Vanilla Flip-flop?" I cannot imagine anything more bland. Samantha kindly jolted my memory and reminded me how much I love Cherry Garcia ice cream (but only if it's not made with breastmilk). So I'm considering a gangsta name change: Cherry Garcia Stiletto. I really don't wear stilettos, but I'm pretending to be glamorous and/or sexy. It's my blog. I can do that. Oh, and since I've eaten, I could change my hippie name to Eggo Cypress. I could go either way on that one. (Maybe the whole vanilla-name-thing was accurate, after all.)

2 comments:

  1. Should I be concerned that my 'Gangsta' name is chunky Monkey Platform??? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some really good ones!!

    Probably the best NASCAR one so far, for real.

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Hate it? Any other reaction? Leave me a comment!