Monday, September 29, 2008

I should have HazMat on speed-dial

I am not a germophobe. I have pretty strong faith in the human immune system. And I have survived the potty-training of two boys. (With one more to go, at which time I will deserve a medal of honor.) I clean their biohazard bathroom with minimal hysteria. No passing out, and I only rarely yell, "This is disgusting!" I think I only vomited once, and that's when I was pregnant. I am not a bathroom wimp. Which is good, because the boys are pretty oblivious to the alarming stench and ick they produce on a daily basis.

I do, however, kind of have an aversion to port-a-potties. I don't think that's unreasonable.

So, given this information, imagine my horror. My seven-year-old son emerged from a port-a-potty this weekend gagging. And said, in a quiet and somewhat stunned voice, "I think I should probably wash my hands before I eat."

I do not want to know what happened in there.

3 comments:

  1. Ewwwwwwwww. And I avoid porta-pottys at all costs myself.

    And, my apologies because I don't know how to link in a comment thread, but you need to read this:

    http://andthepursuitofhappiness.blogspot.com/2007/09/have-hand-sanitizer-will-travel.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain...I feel HIS pain as well....Porta-Potties = Evil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I avoid port-a-potties at all costs. Not looking forward to my boy experiencing it (or me with him, depends on his age).

    : (

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Hate it? Any other reaction? Leave me a comment!