Monday, September 8, 2008

Is this troubling?

This conversation really happened yesterday in my kitchen.

It's a little, um, sensitive. I'll handle it with as much tact as possible.

So. Let's just jump right in, then. Jensen rarely has questions about the proverbial facts of life-- he is 96% un-curious about such matters. But questions do surface now and then. Like yesterday.

The gist of the whole thing was that he was unclear about what "sex" meant. Okay. I can handle this. I think I answered pretty age-appropriately and he seemed okay with the information.

Then he said: "Wow, I wouldn't want to do that with a box of Wheat Thins."

Me: "..."

Me again: "Hmmmm. What made you think of that?" At least that's what I think I said. I'm a little unclear, actually, because something in my brain exploded thinking about my 7-year old and snack crackers and intimacy in one sentence.

Him: "Well. I really love Wheat Thins. But I wouldn't want to do that with them."

Me: "No.... No, I suppose not."

And then he was off chattering about the relative merits of different kinds of crackers and that was basically the end of the discussion.

I will never, ever be able to look a box of Wheat Thins in the eye again.

3 comments:

  1. Okay. That is FUNNY. That is what I love about blogs; now you don't have to write that down to torment him with it at his wedding....you already have it recorded. Done and DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great story, and now it's got me thinking... if I had enough to drink, I just might do that with a box of Wheat Thins. They are just so damn good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha. I don't know what else to say but "hahahahahahahaha." Seriously, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Hate it? Any other reaction? Leave me a comment!