Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Raison d'etre



Right... this is my first blog entry ever, so forgive me if it takes me a minute to get my bearings.

But, the reason I'm here: we have three kids. Three boys, to be precise. We think they're pretty cute (duh) and we (and by "we" I mean my husband) take a whole lot of pictures of them. Not all of our family lives nearby, and this seems like a perfect way to keep everybody in touch.

By way of introduction: we are as nuclear as nuclear can be. My husband is the bread-winner, I'm a stay-at-home mom, and our boys' ages are: seven years, three years, and seven months. (I'll talk more about being a SAHM at some point, I'm sure. It's the hardest thing I've ever done.) How's that for brief? Not to mention traditional....

A word on target audience: I'm guessing there will be lots of photos and lots of little entries about what the shortest members of our household are up to. SO... if you don't know us (or-- gasp!-- don't like us), I'll guarantee you'll find this painfully boring and enormously self-serving. If, on the other hand, you are a grandparent of my children, you'll think this blog deserves a Pulitzer. I prefer the latter opinion, but suit yourself.

And a word on photos: we are, perhaps, the last people in the Western Hemisphere who don't take digital photos. That's right: we use film. (You remember, it's a long plastic strip that comes in a little canister....) So before I can post pictures, we have to finish shooting a roll of film, take it to a store and get it developed onto CD, and then upload the photos. All of which means our turn-around time will be a little longer than average. But keep checking: new photos will arrive!

With that, I need to actually get some photos to post here. So smile, everybody! Okay, on three, kids....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Hate it? Any other reaction? Leave me a comment!