Sunday, August 10, 2008

Scrub-a-dub

We're back from the anniversary party. That trip gave me enough material to keep blogging for months.... I'll update you later. The short version: it was fun. But for tonight, another story:

My parents have very good friends named John and Joyce. They have been friends since the beginning of time, by my approximation. I love them. And they have kids who are just about our ages. We spent a lot of time together when we were young.

John and Joyce put together a beautiful photo tribute for my parents' party. A lot of the photos dated back to the early 70's (lots of plaid and shaggy hair and sideburns and my god did my dad look young), and there were a lot of photos of us kids. And judging from the number of naked-kids-in-the-bathtub pics, we took a lot of baths together.

At one point Saturday night, John wondered aloud why it is that adults are so inclined to taking pictures of kids together in the tub. He laughed at this phenomenon, and kind of questioned how healthy it is.

Which was funny. Because I was guilty of doing the very same thing earlier that very same day. At about noon, my sister and I grabbed Baby Caleb and our adorable niece Baby Emma, stripped 'em down, and threw them in the tub. (They really did need baths.) And while Ali made sure neither of them was endangered, I snapped a whole bunch of pictures. The whole time we "oohed" and "aahed" about how adorable they were.

I guess this bathtub-photo thing has been passed on to the next generation.... But, seriously... aren't they too cute?! And these pictures will be great to embarrass them with when they're teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Hate it? Any other reaction? Leave me a comment!