Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Oedipus who? and, Happy Anniversary

Today's our wedding anniversary. I have not, nor will I, see my adoring and adorable husband today, as he's at work until tomorrow morning. (It's okay; after eight years and three kids, I can postpone the romance for one day. Or more.)

But, guess what I got today? A hickey.

From my son. (The one in the photo.)

As I said a couple of days ago, Caleb has an ear infection and is wanting to be carried all the time. So I hitch him up on my hip and get as much housework done as I can with 21 pounds of baby on my side. (Back problems... yeah, I got 'em.) That's exactly what I way doing this morning while cleaning up breakfast dishes. And after a while my shoulder started to burn a little. I looked down, and that little punk was sucking on my left deltoid like there was no tomorrow. You should have heard the "pop" when I pulled him off. He left an enormous purple hickey.

I was wearing a tank top. And, because I get just a little distracted sometimes, I forgot to put on a shirt that would cover the love bite. (I hate that term.) So I ran all over town today looking like a proud 16-year old girl. It is not subtle, and there was no way to hide it. I noticed more than one person looking at it.

To add insult to injury, I wasn't wearing my wedding rings. This is not the image I like to portray.

Seriously, life with kids is kind of entertaining if you pay attention.

And, Jeff-- Happy Anniversary. Thank you for everything. And, I swear, the hickey is from Caleb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Hate it? Any other reaction? Leave me a comment!