Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Can I just suspend his development now?

Jensen drew this picture of me this weekend. (And, yes, I did ask his permission to use it on my blog. I did not tell him what I was going to write about it. Whatever.)




I know, I know. There are a couple of problems with his rendering of moi. First: I have no hair. Second: what's going on with my nose? But those things pale in comparison with the real problem. Let's zoom in a bit:

Me: "Um, what's on my tummy?
Jensen: (all sly, wink, wink) "You know...."
Me: "Uh..." (I'm in a total panic, wondering if I'm pregnant again and my seven-year-old knows before I do. Once I decide that this is definitely not the case, I continue my query.)
Me: "No, I guess I really don't know what that is."
Jensen: (still sly, kind of pointing to his chest) "What do girls have that boys don't?"
Me: "..."
So tell me: what's more troubling? The fact that my kid drew my boobs, or the fact that they're on my abdomen? God, the truth hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Staring at children's art can be absolutely hypnotic. It always sets all kinds of OCD alarms buzzing in my head, but then I quickly feel that it's so far gone from reality or even order that I just begin to bask in the chaos.

    Maybe that's what Picasso was going for?

    And while I can sympathize with your displeasure over the placement of the lump, you should choose to take solace in how perky that lump is. That's what really counts, right?

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Hate it? Any other reaction? Leave me a comment!